Storj payments are made once a month, within the first two weeks of the month following the one you are getting paid for. So if you start running a node right now, you will not receive a payment until early next month.
To receive payment next month,
- your setup should be configured correctly (see the Documentation here),
- you should have data stored on your disk since before the end of the month you are expecting payout for,
- your uptime should be above 99.3% which translates to a maximum of about 5 hours of downtime a month (see the article If the space I'm sharing goes offline, what happens to the data I'm storing? and the blog Early feedback from V3 storage node operators: You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!).
- The total owed sum should be greater or equal than a Minimum Payout Threshold, if you do not opted-in for zkSync.
The payment are only calculated on a monthly basis, after the month the payout is for has concluded. We now show the history of your previous months' payouts for your payout address on the SNO dashboard.
Payments are calculated based on your usage metrics, these include:
- Amount of stored data (must be continuously available throughout the month).
- Bandwidth used for paid downloads from your node.
For more information, please, read the blog Sharing Storage Space for Fun and Profit.
In the 2021 we introduced a Minimum Payout Threshold. The payout should be in four times greater than a fee to transfer it. If the owed amount is not enough to clear a threshold, it will be rolled out to the next payout period.
If you want to receive your payout monthly as usual, you can opt-in for zkSync, it's not affected by Minimum Payout Threshold on L1 (Ethereum).