The two most significant factors that will impact your success as a Storage Node Operator are the uptime of your node and your available bandwidth. Your upload speed will govern the amount of data that can you can store and serve in a timely manner. The problem comes when you have bandwidth caps from your ISP. If bandwidth caps limit your ability to store and serve data, your node reputation will be impacted along with your ability to get data in the future. Your system then has to refill terabytes of data on a slow line. But, if you have a lot of bandwidth and high or no bandwidth cap, you can be very successful.
- Early feedback from V3 storage node operators: You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
- We need great storage node operators for the V3 network! Have you got what it takes to succeed?
- Reputation Matters When it Comes to Storage Nodes
- What Every Node Operator Wants (and Needs) to Know About the Explorer Release
- Sharing Storage Space for Fun and Profit