If you have lost access to your existing STORJ payment destination address for the Storj Share app (v2 network) or just prefer to use another one, please follow the instructions below.
If you want to change the payment address for storagenode (v3), please, take a look on How to change the payment address for storagenode (v3 network)
1. Open the Config File
Before opening the config file, please make sure the correct text editors are installed so that the config file is displayed correctly. Use Vi for Linux and Notepad++ for Windows.
1. Upon opening the Storj Share application, locate the gear drop-down button all the way at the right-hand side.
2. Upon clicking the gear drop-down button, select "edit" in the drop-down pane.
2. Update the Payment Destination Address
1. In the config file, locate the parameter titled "paymentAddress"
2. This is your existing payment address surrounded by quotation marks. Delete your old payment address leaving only the quotation marks.
3. Paste your new payment address in between the quotation marks.
4. Make sure to save the config file before exiting the text editor.
3. Check node is working
1. Restart the Storj Share application (gear next to the node → restart).
2. Upon restart, you will notice the number of allocs/shards for each node has been reset.
3. Once each node receives its first new alloc/shard, the payment destination address will have officially been recorded on the network. Note that it might take some time to get your first alloc.
- In case anything goes wrong, it's important an update log is created in the event we need to troubleshoot the issue.
- The below screenshot illustrates what information is needed and how it should be formatted.
- Here is an update log template you can save to your local machine if you do not want to create your own.
- Save the update log once you have filled it out for your own records.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy to complete documentation of the update.